- Survey of World Religions
- World Dance 270
- Introduction to Dance (History of Dance)
- Political Inquiry 200
- Mock United Nations
- Contemporary Dance 140
My classes freaking rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some will be hard, but all will be totally worth it. I'm LOVING LOVING LOVING my religion class. My teacher is hilarious-which is always good- and i get to learn about different religions. I'm hoping that I'll gain a lot of knowledge, respect, and tolerance from this class. We talked about holy envy on the first day- or things about other religions that we wish that we did in our religion. It was neat. My professor mentioned one about Judaism that he had, which is that after their meal is done, they have a prayer of gratitude, thanking God for the meal they have just partaken of, which was very neat. Another thing that I've discovered as I've done my reading, also about Judaism, is that the Sabbath is very important as a day of rest. While we focus on that, they seem to take it to another level. I was just very impressed by how they didn't want to do work on the Sabbath because it is a day of rest. It was very enlightening. I'm learning a lot, and we've only had two classes.
I am also planning on officially declaring my major as Political Science this week. I'm trying to decide what to do with that, but so far I think this is a good step. My three main options that I'm considering are double majoring with social studies teaching and being a high school government teacher, double majoring with middle eastern studies and being an expert on the middle east... or just keeping one major, and then going on to Law School to be a Constitutional Lawyer... or something like that. It's hard, but I think that as I go through this semester I'll be closer to figuring out what I want to do. Also, if/when I go to Jerusalem next fall, I'm hoping that will help me to make some decisions. I went to talk to a guidance counselor- and my decision is to talk to someone else in my department once I'm officially declared because he was a big fat whopping piece of non-helpfulness. I felt like I had a conversation with myself, and came out at the end pretty much how I felt when i went in. The only thing useful was that he gave me a major map for Social studies teaching, and told me where I could declare Political Science as my major.
So... that's where i'm at. I'm super psyched for a STINKIN AWESOME semester and I can't wait to share how everything goes.. :)
| My asian roommate Megan in her Yukata :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment