Sunday, January 15, 2012

A year in review

I feel like its customary for everyone who has a blog is to write a post at the end of the year/ beginning of the new one about what happened the year before. So I'm kinda jumping on the bandwagon there buy at the same time it's neat to see how far I've come in the last year. This time last year I had just switched my education goals and plan from a history/ social science oriented field to an end goal of pharmacy. This meant science classes for the first time since high school. It was a HARD semester. But I learned a lot. At that point I was still worried that I was making the right choice and was worried about whether I'd even like pharmacy. But I had faith and hope and I persevered. I finished and did fairly well considering.
Then came summer. I got my first real job with a paycheck and taxes and a cool badge that unlocks doors. I started working as a pharmacy research assistant. I was opened up to the world of pharmacy and discovered that I really did enjoy it and found it extremely interesting. It made me excited for the future. In may one of my best friends left on his mission. He had been one of the constants in my life between school and home. It was hard, but with lots of letters we still have fun.
I also met a boy in the singles ward. We started going on dates and having lots of fun together. Summer was great. I lived with my aunt during the week and played all weekend.
Then the week before school started we culminated the summer with four of us road tripping it up to Disneyland it was a crazy fun trip and it was a wonderful end to the summer.
School started and I took some doozys. Organic and inorganic chemistry plus pd bio and five dance classes. I had a blast, which was helped by one of my good friends being in two of my classes. Summer boy and I kept in contact although we decided to not officially date. He came out and visited over conference weekend and the feelings were still there but we didn't really address it.
I had tons of fun with my roommates especially Susan.
Thanksgiving came and I got to go home!!! :) my moms entire family came and it was a glorious couple days full of family, fun, and food. Summer boy and I decided we did want to get back together and decided to try the long distance thing. Everything got more serious kinda quickly and expectations started to rise. I finished out the semester with Christmas around the world - a dance performance and finals which I did pretty well in. I came home and had a wonderful two weeks. Everything was great, summer boy and I became official and christmas was wonderful an happy. :)
Then I came back to school and summer boy skyped to say it was over. I was surprised but nevertheless have decided to learn from these events for "these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good"
Lots of things happened to me. I learned things about what I enjoy doing and learning, and that I don't mind getting through less fun stuff to get to my end goal. Also that disappointment is hard, but it will make me stronger. Additionally, that I will find someone who is perfect for me in every way, tho it may be hard and take a while and I'm sure he wont be perfect. I have faith that there's a guy out there who will love me and who will be absolute wonderful. Not perfect but perhaps better for me.
I'm looking forward to this year with optimism and gladness. I will make 2012 an amazing year. Some things I'm looking forward to this year:
living with one of my really good friends.
Staying at BYU for spring term.
Going to London (hopefully!!!!! My application is in!!!)
Passing all of my classes and doing well in them.
Increasing my spirituality.
Losing weight and becoming stronger. It's gonna happen- I'm in gymnastics haha

1 comment:

  1. huh? What? summer boy no more? Bummer. At least there are a lot of other things to look forward to and on the horizon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for London. I may want a break and come out for a visit. Ha ha I love that place.

    ReplyDelete